The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer, the grass is getting slightly greener, football season has ended, and the smell of spring is in the air! While we are well on our way to achieving our new year’s resolutions, the onset of spring gives us the sense of a new beginning, a fresh start.
It is also a great time to get yourself and your surroundings ready to go by doing some spring cleaning! Did you know that holding on to clutter blocks the flow of energy, including the energy of money? Cleaning and organizing will prepare you mentally and physically, increasing your productivity, creating space for new experiences and re-activating flow of prosperity in your life.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you haven’t done so already, purge last year’s files and put them in a box labeled accordingly. Take the time to evaluate whether or not your current filing system has been working for you and make changes accordingly.
- Go through your closets and boxes and get rid of things that you have not used for 6 months or more (with the exception, of course, of important photos, documents/records that should be kept longer for tax purposes, and family heirlooms)
- Hire someone to come in and do a deep cleaning, including carpets and upholstery.
- Update your decor. Re-positioning your furniture, updating your accessories/pictures, or painting can give any room a fresh, new feel.
- Organize and re-stock supplies. You will save so much time and energy by having plenty of what you need on hand and in its place!
Do you have additional ideas? I would love to hear them! Please feel free to comment below: